One of the strong benefits of the Creatio CRM system is the continual improvements being made to the platform. Available in the later part of December 2020 the latest version 7.17.1 is released.
The campaign feature now allows campaign participants (audience) to be added from various Creatio objects such as leads, cases, accounts. Simply select the object (entity) that holds the campaign audience data. Additionally, the data of the objects used to import the campaign participants can now be passed to email templates for building macros, as well as to conditional flows for setting up filters
- A new “Sending progress” dashboard tab has been added to the [Email] section. It is used to display data for all emails sent within the past 72 hours: email start time and total number of recipients, whose emails were prepared or processed.
- The [Sending progress] tab has been added to the email page. It displays the current email status, the bottlenecks and the sending duration, initial provider responses and issues that occur during sending.
The [Sending progress] tab on an email page.
- You can now successfully start the trigger emails whose last sending was performed more than 6 hours ago
When working with one forecasting time period on a forecasting tab, the “Total” block on the right side of the tab is hidden. When working with two or more time periods, the “Total” block is visible again.
Improved UI for forecast setup. General and the automation forecast settings are now placed in different tabs.
- Forecasting tab versions have been finalized. When viewing the forecasting tab version, you can only see the strings that were relevant for the moment of saving the version. The strings added later do not display. The strings that are not included in the last tab version are highlighted in gray.
User customization tools
- Use the Section Wizard or Detail Wizard to display a lookup field that references a data view on a page, e.g., an organization company structure or a business process library.
- The following features are now available in the Section Wizard to accelerate and simplify the detail setup:
- Create an object for a new detail and register the detail by the created object.
- Create a detail based on the existing Creatio object.
- Create a lookup column that would connect the new detail to the configured page.
- Open the Detail Wizard from a detail property window to set up the detail. If you do not close the property window that you used to open the Detail Wizard, the detail name and the columns will display right away after you save the changes in the Detail Wizard.
- When specifying the connection fields for the columns, the available values are now filtered by lookups linked to these fields. If the connection exists between the page and the detail, Creatio will suggest establishing such connection automatically.
- When setting up page tabs in the Section Wizard and the Pre-configured Page Designer, you can edit the tab code while creating it.
- You can now specify the UI element captions in different localizations in the Section Wizard and the Pre-configured Page Designer. This option is available for the tab captions, detail captions and the connection lookup columns. In the Pre-configured Page Designer, you also have this option available for the buttons.
- In the “Set field value” business rule, you can now operate on a date using formula. This enables, e.g., calculating the actual duration of a task completion, the date of the next invoice payment, etc.
Example of setting up a business process for calculating a time period
You can now work with meetings marked as private when synchronizing with Exchange and Google calendars. In the Creatio calendar, caption of such meetings will display as “Private meeting”. The meeting subject and description are not available.
Enabled file automation with new business processes elements. Use newly added [Process file] business process element to read and copy files available on any [Attachments and notes] detail. For example, the [Send email] element can add the needed files as attachments to emails.
This element can only work with files stored in the application database. If you store your files in a third-party repository (a file system or the cloud), the element will not process them. We will provide an API for working with the files from the third-party repositories in the upcoming releases.
- Enriched pivot tables formulas with the ability to perform calculation on data columns. This will allow a user to calculate e.g., the planned date of closing a case or the actual time of processing a case in days.
- Added notifications about new feed messages in section records for the subscribed users.
- You can now set up AI models to search for similar objects. The models can search for similar Creatio objects by unstructured text data. Use this functionality to search for similar cases, automatically select the knowledge base articles or most relevant answers, etc.
Example of using Creatio's AI for setting up a recommendation model
- Added Telegram customer communication channel. All messages sent to the Telegram channel configured in Creatio will be available for processing by agents in the communication panel. Use “Chats settings” available in the System Designer to add and set up the new channel.
The update guide for the on-site applications is available in a separate article.
For all the improvements in the major update 7.17.0 check of this article.