There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is 'UP'.
It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP?
- At a meeting, why does a topic come UP?
- Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report?
- We call UP our friends.
- And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver; we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen.
- We lock UP the house and some guys fix UP the old car.
- At other times the little word has real special meaning.
- People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.
- To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special.
- A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.
- We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.
- We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!
- To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP look the word UP in the dictionary.
- In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4th of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions.
- If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used.
- It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more.
- When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP.
- When the sun comes out we say it is clearing UP.
- When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP.
- When it doesn't rain for a while, things dry UP.
- One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP, for now my time is UP, so.......it is time to shut UP!
In the context of business and CRM...
- When we talk about sales we say are sales UP
- When you are heading to visit a new prospect or client, we tend to get UP and ready for the visit
- When a person starts their business career they start at the bottom of the ladder and want to move UP
- We would not want to have an UP trend in customer service issues but an UP trend in the speed and accuracy of issue resolution is objective.
- To measure the level of customer satisfaction we what satisfaction to be going UP
- As a customer don't you get an UP feeling from a Customer service rep that is helpful and with an UP lifting attitude.
Yes UP can go a long way. Now it's UP to you what you do with this information....
Topics: Employee engagement Personal Improvement Building Stronger Relationships Business Relationship Development Sales Productivity Improvements Strategy Improvement Adaptability Tips Getting Things Done People first CRM Buyers Journey