This video and textual tutorial contains step-by-step instructions on how to process cases in bpm'online CRM. Learn case processing workflow and stages, discover powerful and easy-to-use case management tools that bpm'online has to offer.
Bpm'online Case Management is used to manage incoming "service requests" or "incidents" for timely and quality resolution. There are two case categories:
- A "Service Request" is a case that does not disrupt the normal functioning of services, such as a request for a new phone setup or an application custom form enhancement.
- An "Incident" is not part of the standard service operation. It may cause a service disruption or a reduction of service quality such as a restore a lost password or restore telephone communications.
Getting started preliminary settings
- First setup the account and contact if they do not exist.
- Specify the name of services provides in the Services section. If using bpm'online "Service Enterprise" version, you need to add service contracts with service objects and with service lists
- Set the time zone for case resolution and the resolution deadline.
- Make sure the users have a time zone defined in their user profiles.
- To record case registration time, fill in the default time zone for the 'system' setting.
- If you use phone integration, set up automatic case registration based on incoming calls. Add a Help Desk Agent to the CC agents in the user role in organizational structure.
- To setup automatic case registration from incoming emails or the self-service portal -register support service mailbox and setup automatic email case registration
- Set up self-service portal.
Three methods of case registration.
- Manually by the agents
- Automatically, based on incoming emails, or
- When a customer creates a case on the self-service portal
If you don’t use phone integration an agent must fill in a case manually when receiving a call from a customer. If you use phone integration, then upon receiving the call, the system will offer agents a choice.
- Consult customer about an existing case or
- Create a new case.
When entering a new case, the account, the contact and the service agreement field are filled in automatically. After registration the case becomes available for processing. If automatic email case registration is set up, the system automatically parses all incoming emails from the support mail box.
If an email contains the number of an open case, the email will be connected to the corresponding case. If the emails' subject does NOT contain an open case number, the system will automatically create a new case record and connect the email to it.
Next, specify the service related to the case in the case category. Cases can also be created by the customer on the customer self-service portal. Cases with an unknown contact or cases created users without a service agreement, will be processed according to the service agreement specified in the default service agreement “System setting”.
When case is received from the self-service portal, the subject, contact, response time, and resolution time fields are filled in automatically. Customers can specify the service and the service agreement manually.
Opening a Case
To start processing a case open its page. You can do this from the agent desktop page such as:
Or from the list of cases from the cases section.
On the case page, specify the case assignee or service team.
You can begin processing the case two ways:
- By clicking the "Take It" button
- or by selecting the "In Progress" status on the Action bar
As a result, you will be assigned to this case. To make yourself the assignee. without starting to process the case, click the "Assign To Me" link in the case profile (see image above). Once the case is in progress the customer will be automatically notified by email.
Case processing in bpm'online consists of several stages:
- Case Registration
- Searching for a solution. At this stage support agents can search for solutions of similar cases, reclassify or escalate.
- Case resolution or cancellation
Processing of cases received through different channels
- If you are processing a 'service request', change its status to "Resolved: after all the service tasks are completed.
- Processing 'incidents' requires diagnosis and resolution.
- If using the Service Enterprise version, task activity will be automatically created in the Activities section
- Search for similar cases using menu option: “Actions->Search for similar cases”, to check if a ready solution is available.
- This will greatly reduce work hours needed to resolve repeated cases.
- A list will open showing cases connected to the current 'service' with the same configuration item or with the same tags as the current open case.
- If similar cases have already been resolved, the knowledge base articles connected to these cases are likely to contain a solution for the current case.
- You can view these articles on the knowledge base articles detail. If the list contains a similar incident in progress, the current case can be connected to it.
- After selecting an incident in the list, it will be specified as the 'parent' for the current incident
Example of Showing Similar Cases:
Example of Knowledge base article content:
After resolving the case issue, send a reply to the customer using the action bar options such as phone or email. Enter resolution information on the case page and click the 'Resolve' button. The customer will be notified by email about the case resolution.
The emailed notification will also contain a scale to evaluate customer satisfaction. The customer can evaluate the quality of service provided by clicking a number or image in the scale. The case status will be changed based on the evaluation results. If the customer gives the quality of service a rating of 1 or 2 (sad/frown), the case will be re-opened and the status will be changed to “Reopened”. If the user satisfaction level is 3 or more, the case status will be changed to “Closed”
You can setup the scale with an optional number of points/images and can customize the color scheme. The rules for changing case status are based on the customer evaluation results as well as the evaluation scale itself are setup in the "Satisfaction Level" lookup. To setup connections between email notification templates and case category and status, use the "Case Notification Rule" lookup.
If a new email is received for a resolved case, the case will automatically re-opened. The value in the assigned field will be cleared. The case will be returned to the processing queue and become available for support employees.
Use the case feed to share internal communications about cases with internal support team.
If a case can only be resolved on a different support line, perform the escalate action. Specify the support line and the assignee name or assignee group on the open escalation page.
The task activity for the case processing will be completed with an escalation required result. A higher-level agent will continue processing the case. You can notify a customer about their case by sending an email or initiating a call from the case action panel. You can add call results using the activity mini-page on the action panel.
After resolving the case, add the case solution to the knowledge base to speed up resolution of similar cases in the future.
Reclassifying and cancelling a case:
- If the information provided by the customer is insufficient for case resolution you can contact the customer and ask for additional information by clicking a button on the action panel. After requesting more information change the case status to the “Waiting for Response”.
- As soon as the customer responds, the case will automatically re-opened. The assignee field will be automatically cleared. So, to continue to work on the issue you need to take the “Re-opened” case again.
- To change the service and service agreement, select “Actions->Reclassify”.
- If the customer request does meet the services provided according to the customer service agreement, cancel the case.
- In the closure code field, select a proper reason for closing the case- such as not fault found or SLA rejected. The case status will be changed to “Cancelled”.
Obtain a grasp of the current status of customer service
with dynamic dashboard analytics: