As a business leader, it is becoming increasingly critical that you consider the benefits of combining customer relationship management (CRM) with business process management (BPM). Many companies have some form of customer relationship management and in fact a large percentage are on their third or fourth version of CRM. Many of these same companies also have or are considering business process management (BPM) software, typically to improve the customer service experience and boost business efficiency.
Successful business process management with CRM software leads to significant improvements in business processes that create positive outcomes:
- Eliminate non-value process steps
- All employees follow the same standards
- Outcomes can be forecasted with greater precision
- Bottlenecks and discrepancies can be easily discovered and fixed
- Company performance continuously improves
Business process management (BPM) is a systematic approach to making an organization's workflow more effective, more efficient and more capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment. A business process is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal. The goal of BPM is to reduce human error and miscommunication and focus stakeholders on the requirements of their roles
Do you really need both a CRM system and a BPM system? An increasing number of analysts, customer service experts and business managers are saying "yes" if you truly want to deliver great customer service, improve efficiency and increase sales. Read "Ten reasons to combine CRM and BPM".
In the article "BPM play vital role in maximizing benefits of CRM", industry expert Brian Reale states "organizations using CRM as part of a broad BPM initiative can leverage the customer relationship technology to instill customer-centric operational ideals into day-to-day processes, improving efficiency and making it easier for businesses to keep up with customer demands."
Paul Greenberg, CRM industry influencer and the author of the bestselling 'CRM at the Speed of Light', speaks about the benefits of merging Business Process Management (BPM) & Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and explains in what way business processes help to fill the gap between information storage and its effective usage. Video link.
Examples of business processes helpful with CRM
Scenario 1: Capturing your web site lead form information and making intelligent, automated decisions to create a lead record in CRM, assignment of the lead to an appropriate lead qualification person, and schedule various follow-up activities in CRM.
This may be accomplished by the marketing automation system that is part of Marketing Creatio. Here you can setup the event, link a web site form to the CRM lead, invite attendees, tracking activity and measure results of the marketing campaign.
Website event tracking - Creatio
Scenario 2 Assignment of a cross-sale opportunity is lined up in sequence of steps that need to be accomplished in order to successfully close the deal. Next step occurs only when the previous stage is completed which insures the streamlined logic of the process
Events and flows could be added to the process to customize it to your business needs using Creatio (formally bpm'online) CRM
The CRM end user can concentrate on his main responsibilities to close the deal and eliminate non-value tasks as the system automates these steps!
BPM Solutions - examples of use with CRM
- Workflow - product discount approvals, customer surveys, contact information alteration approvals, quote discounting, support call reassignment approvals.
- Advanced Business Alerts - E-mail notification of new web leads imported and assigned to sales rep. KPI's approaching support call activities, sales opportunities with no activities set or contact details not correctly entered.
- Document Automation - Statements, contract renewals, welcome packs, end of line product specials and internal sales reports
- Web Content Publishing - publishing of KPI's, customer portals, custom support top resolved issues, sales scoreboards and web site updates
- Subscriptions and Requests - account details, support call status, product details, transaction s history and delivery status.
- Data Services & Integration - Integration with web form and completion to automatically create a CRM lead, integration credit referencing providers or other database applications e.g. ERP, SCM, or e-commerce
Watch for upcoming articles on one platform, single interface, interconnected processes...