One of the continuing challenges we hear from business management is the struggles to make smart business decisions about the future of sales revenue. Will there be those expected dollars to fund that new product line or capital purchase that has been on hold the last few years.
In the July 2011 Aberdeen Group white paper, "How Top Performers Leverage the Past, Visualize the Present and Improve Their Future Revenue", it states that Increased CRM Use Directly Impacts Business Results. It points to the value of capturing enough information to both support stage-specific forecast weights as well as overall management ability to maintain visibility into their team's activities. Considering CRM as the most important system of record and workflow platform is a wise path.
- Identify deals that have been in the pipeline too long
- Identify weakness in the pipeline
- Move things through pipeline as quickly as possible
Sage SalesLogix Advanced Analytics provides a view into the sales pipeline through the Pipeline Analysis tab in the Sales Dashboard. This analysis provides detailed views into the pipeline.
A stacked bar chart allows users to see how much is in the pipeline for each opportunity type and can be summarized by sales process stage, opportunity manager, industry, geographical area and other relevant dimensions.
This analysis also provides a bubble chart that allows users to see which opportunities have been in the pipeline too long, and which are the most important opportunities to close (based on the size of the opportunity).
Users can also see how much is in the pipeline for a given product or product family.
The main benefits that the user will receive from this analysis are:
- Ability to more effectively manage the pipeline so that stalled opportunities are moved through as quickly as possible, or are abandoned so that sales resources are focused on other opportunities.
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the pipeline before they cause a problem with quota attainment
- Ability to manage pipeline at salesperson level to ensure that each salesperson has a manageable load and enough in the pipeline to meet their quota
Related articles on:
- Better decisions, faster and easier...
- Business Intelligence...
- Business Growth Enablers.. and Growing your business.