"Delivery" of the final product or solution to your customer is NOT the end. There is a whole lot more to delivery, and the value of this focus helps to take your business to the next level. This reminds me of hearing the song "This is the End" by the Doors in a shipping department of a manufacturer.
Deliver Starts Early:
As an entrepreneur and business owner, your thoughts about what needs your product or solution solves for a customer are the "seeds" of a future delivery. You see the delivery of marketing materials to prospective customers, the delivery of a quote, the delivery of raw materials for production, and finally the delivery of the final product.
Delivery Involves Everyone:
Your internal customers have many touch points with your external customers, and those employees have a huge impact on your business success with delivery. Did the quote get out in time to the prospect? Did the right material get delivered to us? Are we delivering on time and on budget to our customers? Lots of chances for errors or for remarkable results....
Delivery is Recurring and Ongoing:
There are common, recurring processes that can be clearly defined and thus reduce the chances of errors, omissions, or budget overruns. People to people interactions can also repeat. Providing a set of Frequently Asked Questions to your prospects, customers and internal staff can increase consistent and quality delivery. Remember, there is value in every conversation. Record them and refer to these in the future.
Delivery is in the future. Do you have a follow-up process after a product is delivered? Does your system have a quarterly or annual reminder to review a customer account and loyalty? Why not?
Delivery is a Mindset, a Perspective:
If you look at your business from the 'delivery' perspective you'll find extra opportunity for excellence, extra changes to make you more remarkable, extra value that you can deliver to acquire, retain, and develop profitable customers.
Delivery of the positive, quality of life experience in the workplace and with customers provides a better world and will help your business remain more "Top of Mind".
Delivery can be Improved:
Using the above focal points, it is most likely possible that "delivery" in your business can be improved. It will usually start with a review of your current systems and processes.
- How are you delivering marketing content that is educational and valuable to your target market?
- Are you getting immediate feedback when you send emails, send out electronic newsletters and get customer feedback from surveys?
- Is your sales team delivering on the quotes and proposals that are clear, understandable and actionable?
- Are you providing various levels of service/solutions: a silver, gold and platinum level of response and of delivery?
- Are your Customer Service Reps fully engaged in delivering useful feedback to the incoming calls?
- Are you remembering the various commitments to all the people you talked with last week, last month, last year?
- Is this knowledge about your business operations easily shared in your CRM system?
- Are you delivering on finding, keeping and developing profitable customer relationships?
If these questions are concerns for your business, give us a phone call (268-445-3001) or click here for various ways we can help. Find how we can help you navigate that roadway to greater business and life success.
What are you specifically doing to insure the delivery of the results your customer expects?