Because I love animals and have raised Golden Retrievers for 30+ years, a friend passed me the following story of a dog's life that put a smile on my face. Hope it does the same for you.
Dear God: Is it on purpose our names are the same, only reversed?
Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?
Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?
Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named after a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the "Crysler Eagle" to the "Chrysler Beagle?"
Dear God: If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?
Dear God: We Dogs understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?
Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.
Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?
Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a Good Dog:
- I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
- I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.
- The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.
- The sofa is not a 'face towel'.
- The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
- I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
- Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way to say 'hello'.
- I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table.
- I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house- not after.
- I will not come in from the outside and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
- I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.
- The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?
Should you know of someone who needs some help with a home mortgage and getting that all important loan, please call my friend and BNI fellow member: Alan Butt, Hallmark Home Mortgage at 574-968-6656 or visit www.hallmarkhomemortgage.com.