My favorite statement from this week:
"I have an OLDER version of ACT! but never used it for more than a phone book with some of my notes from time to time. I hear the new version of ACT! integrates with Microsoft Outlook. Do you think I should upgrade?"
Of Course! Welcome to the 21st Century. Come on in and have a seat, let me tell you what you've been missing. . . . .
1. One Click integration from Outlook to ACT!
- You have received an e-mail in Outlook, but would like a copy of it in ACT!?
- Highlight the e-mail and click on the ACT! Quick Attach Icon on the top tool bar in Outlook. Poof... you now have a copy of the received e-mail under the "History" tab for that ACT! contact.
- You now have a copy of any attachments that were sent along with that e-mail in "History". Wow! No more wasting time trying to find where you saved the proposal for Mrs. XYZ.
2. Schedule a follow up Activity from Outlook
- After you read that important e-mail from one of your prospects, you realize that you need to set up a follow up call for tomorrow morning.
- Click on the two hands shaking icon on the top tool bar in Outlook.
- Fill out the date and time for the follow up call. Also, add any additional contacts that may need to be included in this phone call.
- You know if you keep this up, you might feel like your becoming more organized! Be careful, it could lead to increased business.
ACT! by Sage is always coming up with great little videos.
Check out what Napkin Mike is up to now....
Look for more tips next Friday, June 11, 2010... see you then.