Positives a Good CRM system provides...
Over the years I have heard many conversations among various sales professionals about the positives that a good CRM System can provide to each of them. Likewise I also need to access our firm's Infor CRM (formally Saleslogix) system to bring me up to speed because I can't remember the nuances of past conversations, CRM system implementations or support answers that were previously provided.
Reasons why sales professionals like a helpful CRM system like Infor - SalesLogix:
- Quickly viewing the current schedule of appointments for the week and what is on my to-do task list. Having a dashboard with a set of configurable widgets showing these items gives a quick snapshot of what's in store for the week.
- The ability to quickly lookup my client accounts or key contacts along with the last time I talked with them. Time tends to pass too quickly without a follow up and the filtered listing of key contacts helps reconnect me with what has been going on.
- Having a snapshot of open client service items of my key accounts. A CPA client of ours extensively uses their list of "Open cases" to grasp work load of assigned tasks- a kind of Work in Progress view.
- Having the ability to look at open sales opportunities/projects as the lead sales person or as the sales manager to guide the sales team on stuck opportunities. Top opportunities need to be at my 'top of mind.'
- Accessible competitor tracking showing competitor product information as well as strength/weakness notes and a selling against strategy - for those close call opportunities.
- Having a quick access to my contact's office and mobile phone numbers from my cell phone. Plus the ability to tap in a few notes before the thoughts are forgotten.
- Viewing a client's payment and invoice history. This is often a read-only view into the client's Accounts Receivable transactions from a related accounting system such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, MAS 200/500, etc. It sure helps to know if they are not more than 30 days out in payments!
- Ability to quickly view the last several email conversations and the related quote or literature sent along with the email. Access to this information makes you feel that you're on top of your game.
- Having the ability to click the Send to CRM button in Outlook so that the sent email and
any attachments are automatically saved to the contact record and related company account in Infor CRM. This is a productivity plus item for keeping my emails with the contact record!
- Ability to gain a holistic accounting of where I'm at with my top client, top prospects and top referral sources. We have a professional services client who has each of their firm's partners and key managers identify their top 21 contacts: clients, prospects and referral sources. This dashboard view shows the next scheduled activity and the days since the last conversation whether it was by an email, a phone call or a face to face meeting. Very helpful to not let time pass too quickly without connecting to key people!
Bonus: Having a timeline visualization for a holistic view of Accounts over a period of time so we can better assess situations and adjust accordingly- sure comes in handy...
Please share with others: What are the reasons you like your current CRM solution?